Inland Marine insurance provides protection for a wide range of specialized property including a business’ property that is mobile in nature, or may require unique valuation. Basically, it’s property insurance that covers certain types of movable property, and specialized items that a standard property insurance policy doesn’t cover. An inland marine policy can also extend coverage to property that is in the possession of the insured business or premises. Businesses that work off-site, move goods or products, or are in the possession of property that belongs to others, need a commercial inland marine policy.